Wednesday, May 5, 2010

In preparation for this trip I have been doing a considerable amount of reading beyond the usual travel guides. Doug has recommended several books as well as friend's - in the event you are interested in reading or at the very least perusing a few of these books, here is my "Working on my Bucket List" bibliography.
Doug recommended:
Journey to Ladakh - Andrew Harvey
In Exile from the Land of Snows- John Avendon
Beneath a Marble Sky - John Shors (Historical Fiction)
Kristen recommended:
In Spite of the Gods, The Rise of Modern India - Edward Luce
Ute recoomended and graciously loaned me:
The Age of Kali - William Dalrymple
Indian Summer - Alex Von Tunzelmann
India, A Million Mutinies Now - V.S. Naipaul (Fiction)
Judy recommended and I bought this book for a fast, easy read on the airplane:
The Space Between Us - Thrity Umrigar (Fiction)
I've been reading:
The Art of Tibet - Robert E. Fisher
Myths and Symbols in Indian Art - Heinrich Robert Gimmer
Staying On - Paul Scott (Fiction)

No comments:

Post a Comment